Federal Reserve Wide Angle

Discussion forum for images in Max Lyons' and other image galleries...post links to your own images here

Moderator: spamkiller

maxlyons

Federal Reserve Wide Angle

Post by maxlyons » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:50 am

I went down to the Federal Reserve yesterday evening to take this picture. I didn't go primarily because the Fed is in the news so much these days. Rather, I wanted to take a scene with a very wide field of view (150 degrees in this case) that I could use to try out one of several new projections that will be incorporated into the next version of PTAssembler.

More details here.

In the image above, both vertical and horizontal lines are straight, something that has previously only been possible using rectilinear projection. However, the edges of the image aren't nearly as stretched as they are when using rectilinear projection (shown below).

I'll be posting some more details on projections and the next version of PTAssembler soon.

Max

dsp

Post by dsp » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Really cool! Looks quite natural...looking forward to the next release.
cheers, Darcy

elf

Post by elf » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:37 am

I think the symmetry of the clouds makes this image. Nice capture.

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:48 am

Thanks folks. If it hadn't been for the officious security guard who insisted on standing in front of my camera and kept asking me what I was doing, why was I taking pictures, where was I pointing the camera, and so on, I would have stayed a little later to capture the fading light. As a result, this was the last shot of the day...just as the light was getting good.

Anyway, this one came out pretty well, even though I had to make a few attempts at shooting around the security guard to capture all the images in this sequence....The joys of post 9-11 photography in Washington, DC!

Max

beamstream

Post by beamstream » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 am

Great shot. Especially the new projection. Looks rather natural. Perhaps you should produce some sort of booklet and businesscards with the URL of the galleries to show thows security guards to convince them about your peaceful intentions.

Serg

Post by Serg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:40 am

Max, thanks a lot for opening new horizonts for us!
Looking forward to see new PTA version.

Terrywoodenpic

Post by Terrywoodenpic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:41 am

The new projection seem a cert winner.
Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Looks Ideal for construction sites.
Terry

old decrepit and still taking photographs

Jim Z

Post by Jim Z » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Max,

I also can't wait to try the modified projections. Excellent work! And thenk you.
Jim Z

maxlyons

Post by maxlyons » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks all...the next version of PTAssembler is getting close, but there are still a few bugs lurking, so I want to get rid of as many as possible before subjecting others to them!

Max

Liver

Re: Federal Reserve Wide Angle

Post by Liver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:55 am

maaxlyons wrote:I went down to the Federal Reserve yesterday evening to take this picture. I didn't go primarily because the Fed is in the news so much these days. Rather, I wanted to take a scene with a very wide field of view (150 degrees in this case) that I could use to try out one of several new projections that will be incorporated into the next version of PTAssembler.

More details here.

In the image above, both vertical and horizontal lines are straight, something that has previously only been possible using the wealthy affiliate members area rectilinear projection. However, the edges of the image aren't nearly as stretched as they are when using rectilinear projection (shown below).

I'll be posting some more details on projections and the next version of PTAssembler soon.

Max
Great pic of the federal reserve building. Is it o.k to use this pic in an essay?

Apart from that I never realized what a cool looking building the federal reserve is.

jad albert

Re: Federal Reserve Wide Angle

Post by jad albert » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:41 pm

[color=#000000]maxlyons[/color] wrote:I went down to the Federal Reserve yesterday evening to take this picture. I didn't go primarily because the Fed is in the news so much these days. Rather, I wanted to take a scene with a very wide field of view (150 degrees in this case) that I could use to try out one of several new projections that will be incorporated into the next version of PTAssembler.
It looks magical!