Error Configuring Smartblend

Discussion forum for Tawbaware's PTAssembler software, Helmut Dersch's Panorama Tools software and any other photography related software

Moderator: spamkiller

countryshaun

Error Configuring Smartblend

Post by countryshaun » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:48 am

I have installed PTAssembler and want to configure it to use Smartblend. On the "Preview & Create" screen I have selected "Blended, single layer TIFF" from the "Output File Format" drop down menu. When I click on "Stitching/Blending/Stacking Options" the "Processing Options" screen displays an error message under "Blending (Optional)", Blending Stacking software not installed or configured. When I continue by clicking "Configure" under "Blending (Optional)" and selecting "Smartblend" and clicking "OK" from the "Preferences" screen I get the error message "Runtime Error '401': Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed." When I click OK on this error message the program closes. I have also tried from the "Preferences Screen", selecting "Smartblend" and then clicking "Preferences" where I have entered the Smartblend location, left the "Smartblend Command line arguments" box blank, left default "24" in the unnamed box and then clicked OK, but I am still getting the same error message, "Runtime Error '401': Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed."

maxlyons

Re: Error Configuring Smartblend

Post by maxlyons » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:23 pm

I can't replicate this. Here's how I suggest telling PTAssembler where to find Smartblend. Can you follow this sequence, and report back what happens?

1. Start PTAssembler.
2. Choose File->Preferences.
3. Select the "plugins" tab of the "Preferences" dialog.
4. Click the "Configure..." button next to Smartblend option.
5. Enter the location for Smartblend in the textbox labelled "Smartblend location" on the "Blending Program Configuration" dialog.
6. Click "OK" on the "Blending Program Configuration" dialog.
7. Click "OK" on the "Preferences" dialog.

Max

countryshaun

Re: Error Configuring Smartblend

Post by countryshaun » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Max

Problem solved. I was trying to make the changes through "Step 5" tab and not as you suggested file/preferences.

Many thanks

Shaun